Well its officially summer. Kids are screaming, grass needs mowing, and my craving for a Slurpee is stronger than ever. So far our summer has been pretty normal. Caleb works 5-6 days a week, Andrew plays,sleeps and is always getting into some kind of trouble and I take care of Andrew, take care of the house, and when given some quiet time work on my craft projects. I have managed to finish a queen size quilt for my brothers 21 birthday in September and have started working on a cross stitch project.
Andrew's new favorite past time is swimming in his pool. So I need to make sure the patio door is locked when i don't want him going out in his cloth diapers. He has on more than one occasion found his way outside to play in the water without supervision. He loves to keep me guessing on what he will get into next. This morning he decided to throw his stuffed toys into the toilet. Oh but how I love that adorable little boy.
In this last week we have decided to take some holidays and go down the Johnson farm and help Caleb's dad with haying. So next week we will be packing up the car and headed to the farm. Before then i have laundry to do, a house to clean, and three people belonging to pack up. Packing for a 14 month old gets trickier the longer the trip. Toys, clothes, extra clothes, diapers and everything else a hyperactive little boy needs to enjoy a week at his grandparents. But oh how excited Caleb is to be going back to his childhood home to see his parents. Of course he will be put to work the minute the hay dries enough to mow. I am just excited about getting away from everyday life and enjoying some time with family.
Well baby is sleeping so I should be going to get somethings done before my attention is needed elsewhere.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment